The Goleta Family School functions as a parent/guardian (“parent”) cooperative. Enrollment of students in the program implies a willingness to be a full participating parent. All parents are expected to complete two parent participation forms at the beginning of each school year. The first is for classroom participation and the second is for tribe (committee) participation.
Parents or a designated representative (grandparent, family friend, nanny) are expected to:
- Participate two hours each week in the classroom for each child enrolled in the program.
- Assist with fundraisers.
- Serve on a PTA tribe and participate fully.
- Participate in and drive on field trips.
- Provide snack for the entire school one week of the year.
- Attend two mandatory evening events each year.
- Ensure that your child has transportation to and from school each day.